I used to live in Brooklyn and run free among hipsters. Now I live in a factory city in Korea. I still dig me some fresh tunes.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Heat Breaks

Heat Breaks by Dj Ulsan on Mixcloud

An older one from a couple years ago with several selections from a couple compilations -- Yeti Vol. 9 and Welcome Home/Diggin' the Universe on Woodist. Two very notable tracks on here IMO -- Ko + Friends "I'm in Hiding," a really sweet slice of 60s pop that's a one off (as far as I can tell) by Ko Melina aka Ko Shih (Korean?) of The Dirtbombs. The other track is Run DMT's "Richard," a song I could almost call a classic, but from a band/project that too often sounds like some talented people taking too many drugs, and not in the good way. Still love this song though.

No comments:

Post a Comment