I used to live in Brooklyn and run free among hipsters. Now I live in a factory city in Korea. I still dig me some fresh tunes.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

i'm into dark things

Put this together in late 2010 and am uploading it for archival purposes. It's a strong set starting with The Twerps "Dance Alone," a song I think the band has had trouble topping since, and ditto Raw Thrills "For Someone." Or maybe I just think of these as being the band's best material since I included them on a mix.

There are a couple minimal-synth tracks here with Absolute Body Control, Linear Movement and the French group Clair Obscur and then a tri-fecta of V.U. inspired people/groups in the "Russia," song, which sounds kind of like Nico, Virgin Insanity, which sounds like vintage Doug Yule V.U., and then Nico herself to close the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment